Monday, August 3, 2015

Germany week 59

Dear Mom,

Sounds like you had a nice exciting week. Probably more exciting than mine. At least until Saturday. On Saturday we had transfer calls and it turns out Elder Blanchard is leaving and being replaced by Elder Frickey, who was in the MTC with me. (Also, fun side note that you probably don't actually care about, we have a new AP too, and it's Elder Nilson, who was in Bamberg with me for four transfers.)

We also had an adventure on Tuesday. We were doing a split in Darmstadt and we all had to hop on a different train. Well, everyone made it. Except for me. What's more Elder Blanchard had the phone and my Bahn card, so I was stuck in Darmstadt all alone. Then that scripture popped into my head, namely, "be still, and know that I am God." So that's what I did. I sat there for a half an hour and waited for the other Elders to come back. But the rest of the split was great and we found a new investigator for Langen, so that was great.

At church on Sunday, after a directive for the Quorum of the twelve we switched to having Sacrament meeting first in the block. That was certainly different. At the beginning of church we were a bit smaller than usual, but more people came pretty quickly. It was interesting to see just how much of a difference it made in the reverence and spiritually of the meetings. I guess it's just one more evidence that the apostles know what they're talking about.

Well, Love you more!!!
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment