Monday, March 23, 2015

Germany Week 40

Life here is pretty great. Probably the coolest thing about this week though happened on Monday. One of the families we met while dooring that I told you about last week had told us to come by last Monday, so we did. As it ended up she didn't have a huge amount of interest, but she did tell us that if we were in the neighborhood again we could stop by some other time. The cool part was that she was hosting for a family for a student exchange program. The girl and her mother (who was the teacher over the program back in the states) were actually members of the church, which is actually why the lady who lived there had told us to come back on that day. Well, as it turns out, the mother and her son are the only active members of the church, so the daughter doesn't even know too much about the church, but she was sick, and the mother asked us if we could give her daughter a blessing, which we of course gladly did. Now, I don't really claim to know why, pretty much anything happens the way it does, but in that moment I felt like Elder Bean and I had truly been sent there, not for the family that actually lives there, but for this girl, who just happened to be there and just happened to be in need of a blessing. I hope she'll be able to remember that experience and it will help her in the future. I suppose nothing much else happened this week, at least not anything exciting enough for me to think about to talk about, but I just want to say that I know the Lord does work miracles. Sometimes they're small, but I know that if we pray for them, and work for them they will come, we just have to open our eyes to see them. Love you more!!! Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment